1.

Wednesday, 14 September 2016

MY TRAVEL DIARY // Arrecife & Puerto Del Carmen

Hola, cómo estás!

Unfortunately that's all I learnt, while I was away in Spain alongside 'gracias' hence why I wouldn't be able to write a whole post in spanish, sorry.

As you all may know, from the countless numbers of Instagram pictures and my Youtube video, we went on a family holiday for a week. It was such a surreal experience, bearing in mind it was our first family holiday since Canada maybe 4-5 years ago. Everything there was so picturesque and gorgeous I wanted to capture everything, and the best thing about it was definitely the sun, oh how it's a transition from Northern Ireland. The warm air, brightness honestly couldn't help but enjoy every minute of it ( but sometimes the heat got a little too much I felt I was stepping on fire haha)

We spent alot of the time exploring different cities, I think they were cities so obviously we left on a Thursday and that pretty much was travelling to Arrecife, and settling down.
Friday, we went exploring the surrounding area, I was intrigued to as what this little town had to offer. I honestly loved the blue and white combination and everywhere you looked was just so bright and admirable.
We went into the Arrecife town and did a little bit of shopping, and by 'we' I mean my mum and sister.




On the Saturday, my little sister, my dad and I left early for the market which happens in the town and we wanted to check out the stalls, I mean who doesn't love a market. I honestly have to say, I wasn't overly impressed by it, I don't know if it was because it was super early or I wasn't feeling the hustle and bustle. But we finished off there and headed off to the popular resort of puerto del carmen, which I hear is a popular tourist area and it became so evident when we got there; all the British folks gathering at the local restaurant and wondering about. It felt kind of good as Arrecife was more of a local area with minimal tourists.
We relaxed out in the sun for most of the day in Puerto del carmen, while my mum and dad went off to get their hair chopped. As sisters do, we set off on a mission to find ice cream but came across this dessert place, oh my goodness. It was absolutely HEAVEN [Pic down below].
The afternoon and evening was spent hopping onto the bus and we went to Biosfera shopping centre which had the well know brands such as 'Pull and Bear, Zara, Bershka'  and we shopped away til we dropped.. and when I mean dropped I meant my poor dad's wallet haha.












So that's it for me for today, I hope you all enjoyed my little travel diary update.



Make sure to stay tuned for my take on our North and South tour of Lanzarote. I will take in a little detail about the volcanoes, Timanfya and also about our camel tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3.