1.

Friday, 30 December 2016

Isaiah 30:18


'So the Lord must wait for you to come to him
 so he can show you his love and compassion.

For the Lord is a faithful God.

    Blessed are those who wait for his help.'


As I fumbled and altered my 'Title' for quite sometime, I ended up choosing something simple.
Truth be told, I struggle to write posts like this; am I saying the right thing? are people judging me? am I experienced enough to be writing this .. etc .. There'll be so many testimonies I would love to share, so many incredible verses but why do I get so scared to share them? But then again sitting here I realised none of that actually matters.. and I would love to share personal experiences with you guys.

Anyways, as we are approaching the end of 2016 ( probably one of the toughest years, I can remember) I sit here reflecting and my ambitions for 2017. One thing I KNOW I want to do, is focus more on God, and the Bible and building a relationship with Him.

Well my journey with God.. hmm.. when I went to university in 2013, my relationship and worshipping reached its all time low to nearly becoming non-existent and I thought I could manage everything on my own (you can imagine how that worked out - a little hint: not so great) and returning home for the holidays was the only time I went to church. As months passed, I somewhat became lost? I felt the distance and praying would just simply be closing my eyes and reciting words.

I felt and became so distant. How could I even think about asking for God's help when I have disregarded him for so long. Soon after the summer of 2014 it became evident.. I needed the Lord, I needed his LOVE and COMPASSION, I needed his BLESSING. I realised I required the guidance of the Lord, without Him I was weak and somewhat hopeless. Although I pushed Him so far out of reach, it only took ONE prayer, ONE.
The greatest blessing was poured into my life, a route in education I never thought I'd be able to achieve but only wish for.. Then again, the verse which has become oh so popular with my friends is Matthew 19:26 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible'

I think the scary thing for me would be to loose the sight of God again, living in this uncertain world without His support and guidance. If you ever feel like you are drifting, take the time out, spend it with God, speak to Him. He yearns for it - the only way Jesus can help you is only if you ask.

God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

3.